Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer

book cover
The Grand Sophy
by Georgette Heyer


ISBN-13: 9781402218941
Trade Paperback: 372 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Released: 1950, 2009

Source: Borrowed from the local library.

Book Description from Goodreads:
When Sophy goes to stay with her cousins in Berkeley Square, she finds them in a sad tangle of affairs--some romantic and others of a more pecuniary nature. Perhaps the Grand Sophy has arrived just in time to save them.


My Review:
The Grand Sophy is a historical romance set in the Regency period in England. Sophy reminded me of Jane Austen's Emma, except Sophy is very perceptive about human nature and so is very good at her match-making and in helping people repair their relationships. Her methods often had me laughing, and it was a very satisfying story. It very difficult for me to put this delightful story down due to the engaging characters, enough setting and historical detail to bring the story alive in my imagination, and the constant wonder of what will happen next.

There was no sex. There was some swearing and explicit bad language. I highly recommend this novel.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.


Excerpt: Read an excerpt using Google Preview.

No comments: