Monday, November 10, 2014

DOGS OF WAR tv series

I was given the opportunity to pre-view the premiere episode of a new reality series on A&E called DOGS OF WAR. The show premieres Tuesday, Nov. 11 at 10PM ET/PT and then moves to Sundays at 10PM ET/PT beginning Nov. 16.

You can view the trailer here: https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-15cPBPbgs.

Show description: DOGS OF WAR spotlights combat veteran Jim Stanek, who returns home struggling with PTSD. He looked into getting a service dog to help him heal, only to discover how expensive they are, and how long the wait to be paired with one is. So he started his own nonprofit to rescue dogs from kill shelters, train them as service dogs and partner them with struggling veterans at little or no cost.

My review: The premiere episode showed a little about how the dogs were selected and initially trained. The episode followed one man who needed a service dog from his choosing his dog, through them training together, and how things were going after several months. I thought the show did a good job getting across how PTSD effects a person's life and how they view the "normal" world. (Of course, I don't have it so I don't really know how well they did, but it made me feel like I better understood what it was like to have it.) It was positive show that was inspiring to watch.

There was some bad language which was bleeped out in the version I watched; I assuming it's also bleeped out in the actual show. I'd recommend this show to pet lovers and those who want to better understand PTSD.

No comments: