Thursday, September 16, 2010

BBAW Forgotten Treasure

BBAW

For Book Blogger Appreciation Week, today's theme is "Sure we’ve all read about Freedom and Mockingjay but we likely have a book we wish would get more attention by book bloggers, whether it’s a forgotten classic or under marketed contemporary fiction. This is your chance to tell the community why they should consider reading this book!"

book coverWell, I can think of several novels that I've really enjoyed that didn't get as much publicity as they deserved (in my opinion), but I guess the novel from that list that I've heard few others talking about is Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.

It's a Christian fantasy, and it had an underlying Christian allegory that I found very moving. If you're a Christian (and especially if you're a Christian teen girl who enjoys fantasy novels), then I'd highly recommend that you give it a chance.

4 comments:

Michelle (my books. my life.) said...

I have a very good friend who loves fantasy and is a bit more Christian than I am. ;) I'm going to send her this post.

Debbie said...

Michelle,

Thanks for helping to spread the word. :)

S. Krishna said...

I know someone who I think would really enjoy this book, I'll pass on the recommendation! Thanks!

Debbie said...

S. Krishna,

Thanks for helping to spread the word. :)