Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Might As Well Be Dead by Rex Stout

book cover
Might As Well Be Dead
by Rex Stout


ISBN-13: 9780553763034
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Bantam
Released: 1956; 1995

Source: Borrowed from the local library.

Book Description, Modified from Goodreads:
Eleven years after he accused his only son, Paul, of wrongdoing and sent him away from home, Nebraska businessman James Herold calls upon Nero Wolfe to track down the young man so that he can make amends. Only Paul doesn't want to be found.


My Review:
Might As Well Be Dead is a mystery set in 1956 in New York City. Archie Goodwin's humorous view of events always makes the story fun to read, and the mystery kept me thinking. This was a clue-based puzzle mystery. Whodunit was on my suspect list and was guessable, but I didn't put all the pieces together until Wolfe explained it. There was no sex. There was a fair amount of bad language. Overall, I'd recommend this to fans of humorous historical mysteries.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.


Excerpt: Read an excerpt using Google Preview.

No comments: