Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Gift That I Can Give by Kathie Lee Gifford

book cover
The Gift That I Can Give
by Kathie Lee Gifford


ISBN-13: 9781400209248
Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Released: Oct. 23, 2018

Source: Review copy from the publisher through BookLook.

Book Description, Modified from Goodreads:
The Gift That I Can Give is a heartwarming story that shows how all children can do something today to make a positive impact on others. From simply being kind to giving a loved one an extra-big hug to cheering for a friend, this story will inspire children with countless ways to show God's love, leading them to want to read it again and again.


My Review:
The Gift That I Can Give is a children's book about how everyone is unique but they can show God's love to others through their actions. It starts with a little girl declaring "I am one of a kind -- I am my very own ME! Exactly the person God made me to be." This girl then thinks about discovering her unique gift as she grows up, like being talented at dancing, singing, sports, or playing music or at being thoughtful and kind to animals, friends, or family. She then thinks about how God gave her this gift to give it to others, and that gift is His love.

When reading the first pages, I felt like the author was too limiting by implying a person had only one thing she was good at and that you have to be uniquely gifted in some way to be kind, thoughtful, etc. But then the girl wonders if her gift "is all of these" and the end concludes that the "gift" is a gift God gave us and expands the possibilities to any way a person can show God's love to others. The pictures were simple in style but still realistic in what was depicted (a playground, a bedroom, and so forth). Overall, it's a nice book.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.


Excerpt: Read an excerpt using Google Preview.

No comments: